Thursday, January 27, 2005

Tribute, out of the blue.

This is for my friend Joel, who doesn't get nearly enough recognition. In this world of ours there are two kinds of people: talkers and doers.

I'm a talker, Joel's a doer.

I talk about music, he's recording an album.

I talk about film, he directs a film*.

I talk about literature, he writes a short story.

Did I mention that he also does all these things well?

God bless you Joel! And keep up the good work. I'm proud to know you.

~~~

Joel is the vigilant keeper of three weblogs:

Eucharisto - the one all of you know about,

The Grace Of Saint John Of The Cross - a more liturgical blog with special emphasis on the contemplative life

and

Animadverto - his photo blog.

Enjoy! And encourage Joel as he strives to do that for which he was made.



~~~

*with Superman! I haven't forgotten you!

5 comments:

JD said...

Amen. I to am honored to know you, even if I only met you for a short while. It was a short while well enjoyed.

penny lane said...

aaawwwwhhh, foolish knight that was sooo sweet, but you shouldn't be so hard on yourself... It's like you sayed this world is full of all differant kinds of people, all of whom have differant gifts and talents ( some doers some not).I too am quite honored to know Joel, there are very few guy's in this world of whom I hold in high regard, and you(joel) are definatly one of those few. It's quite amaizing how much, or how little time it takes for someone to hold such an oppinion of one of whom you have only known for such a small amount of time, but it didn't take time at all to see that you were one in a million. ( no I'm not just refering to highth although that couts too). Joel, from the firstm, to the last time I saw you you had such a gentlemenly disposition about you... the way you talk,and how you interact with others all radiates Christ... I am thankful to the Knight's family for introducing me to the one of whom they talked so highly of.... I can now attest to the fact that you are all the things they have sayed and more! May the Lord bless you and your family because you have been such a blessing to me! < have a great rest of the day>........ oh, and you too, superman!
love in christ, PLB

Tuesday's Child said...

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all who wander are lost..."
Joel signs his emails with this quote, and I think he's much like the man it describes, a king hidden in normalcy. To Joel, we all love you and think you're a hidden king, it's nice to see you recognized!
Thanks Foolish Knight!

Midsummer said...

Joel,
Like it has been said I am honored I can count you as one of my friends. I think back to when someone told you how incredible your talents were. You said you wish you were all that the person said you were but you knew in your heart you were not. I think Joel because of that heart you are far more.

eucharisto said...

Wow! I don't know exactly what to say, except, thank you! A little affirmation goes a really long way for me. Also, to foolishknight, I wouldn't be half the artist I am if it weren't for your artistic insight. As it says in Proverbs, Iron sharpens Iron. You have truely sharpened me, and I too am proud to know you as well!