Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Yahweh (Grateful Tuesdays # 19)


Dear Heavenly Father,

I love your name, God. I love the name you gave Moses when he asked who he should say sent him when he got to Egypt.

You are completely self-sufficient, God. I am not. I can be having a perfectly wonderful, normal conversation and everything will change, like a cloud going over the sun.

How scary it is when I feel those big, black oceans welling up inside me, their waves slapping the shell of my soul and threatening to burst my very self like the wineskins you talk about. They come so suddenly and unexpected. Thank you for loving me through these times.

Thank you, God that my friends will be coming up in a few days! I love getting to see these people, and I've gotten to see them a surprising amount these days, which I'm really grateful for.

Thank you that I got to talk with the Queen of Arts and England today. Thank you that we get to share our thoughts with each other and talk together about what's going on in our lives. This is all such a gift.

Thank you for the William Hung Tribute Band and how much fun it is to play such crazy music with such wonderful friends.

Thank you for loving me through all of my changes, all my shifting shadows. Thank you that the laser beam of your love shines steady right through my mountains and valleys.

I love you; may you continue to draw me to your steady, changing self.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

1 comment:

Meiska said...

Its so amazing about God loving us through those times when we are so quickly changing, while He remains the same, always. I'm so glad He won't get over irritated with our inconsistency and just forget about us!

Friends are also wonderful gifts straight from Him, like flowers and music and the colors of eyes. I love to see Him working in my life and the lives of those around me through friends.


PS (I'm really thankful too that we are able to talk as much as we do, and I'm thankful that I'll be getting to talk to you tomorrow!)