Thursday, June 04, 2009

Old Friend Back

I'm excited because of this new piece of furniture in my room:


Apperently (I just found out this story today), my grandmother gave this glider to my mom when I was a baby because (and I like this part) I liked to rock.

Anyone reading this who knows me is probably not very surprised. Motion is very important to me and always has been. As I think about this chair, I wonder if this is a part of why the swings are my favorite part of the playground?

Anyway, it's nice to have an old friend back. And to sort of feel a sense of ownership (I didn't know this was actually mine [or, at least, more so than I thought] until today). Now, we'll see if I actually get to keep this in my room. For my room is not very large, and clutters up fast. I will at least enjoy it for today.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an old friend to get reacquainted with.

2 comments:

Why said...

The room looks so clean.

Katie said...

Don't buy it Matthew... I think he just cleared a space for the rocker. :-)

But I am not in any way surprised that you liked motion as a baby. Have you been rockin out?