Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dylan

Well, Andy Whitman's just crazy about Tell Tale Signs.

You can listen to it here and decide for yourself.

Personally, I've been grateful for the abstraction of his lyrics recently. Sometimes it is very, very tiring to listen to music that is full of *meaning.* I'm grateful for the abstraction (to me, at least) of Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Sigur Rós and Dylan.

What do you think of Bob Dylan? Is he a hack who got lucky? Is he a genius? Somewhere in between? What's your take?

2 comments:

JD said...

I'm not sure about Bob Dylan, but Sigur Ros is one of my favorite bands right now. Their music isn't just music, it's more like a liquid sound that is completely relaxing and soothing.

BDT said...

He's a genius; he just can't sing. His poetry sometimes reminds me of GKC in its lighthearted seriousness.