Monday, October 20, 2008

Thanksgiving 20 OCT 2008


Dear God,

Thanks you so much for my friend Jeremy. Thank you for how much fun it is to ride in the car with him places and for the friendship we share. Thanks for letting me be close friends with someone this long, long enough to work through a lot, to learn a lot about myself.

Oh Jesus, so much about myself. As I think about the things about myself you’ve shown me through this friendship and others, I think about how far you’ve brought me. And, God, I know I have a long way to go, but I thank you so much for your faithfulness. I’ve seen your promises made good in my life.

Thank you for the music of Bob Dylan. He’s so goofy.

Thanks for the game(s) of Hide & Seek I got to play at church today, for the kids I played them with.

I thank you for Jeff and David and Mary and Julie Ann. Thank you for the joy of an evening with friends. Thank you for Jacob Bullock and for my sister. Thanks for getting to meet David’s friend Robert.

Thank you for the hours past midnight, though I should probably be sleeping.

God, you are faithful. This is just who you are; thank you so much.

Love,

Andrew

1 comment:

BDT said...

this reminds me of when the Israelites set up their Ebenezer and say, "Thus far the Lord has helped us."

Thanks for letting us in on your communion with God. I love you, friend.